Most of us don’t have the skills to mount a TV bracket on the wall ourselves. We might be adept at hammering in a picture hook or popping a nail in a piece of wood. However most flat screen TVs, while not as heavy as CRT TVs, are still quite heavy. Because of this we need to make sure that the TV and TV bracket are firmly fixed to the wall. Here we will list a few things that you need to consider:
• Is the wall brick or timer frame in construction?
• Make sure you use the right fixings for the type of wall you have.
• If your screen size is exceptionally large, make sure you use the right bolts in the wall.
• Make sure there are no services such as electricity or water pipes just underneath the wall surface.
• Make sure there is a power point near the mounting position of the TV. If one needs installing, consult a qualified electrician.
If you are unsure about how to mount TV wall brackets, it is always advisable to consult a professional who will be able to do the job for you.