In the last article we discussed how you need to take a step back when choosing a suitable position for your wall mounted TV. You don’t want to choose a mounting position hastily and then regret your choice.
When the position is decided, there are a few checks you should do before drilling into the wall.
• Check to see if you are fixing the bracket to a stud wall or a brick wall
• Use a stud finder to locate studs and a pipe/cable finder to make sure there are no services under the wall surface
• Check the bracket you have purchased will fit your TV
• Make sure the fixtures and fittings you have will effectively mount the TV to the type of wall you have
• Check to see you have the right tools and safety equipment such as safety goggles before you start to drill the wall.
When you are sure you are ready, you can drill the wall and fit the TV wall bracket and your flat screen TV.